Session 9: Bill Hybels: Relentless

 

I’ve studied many leaders, but none of them have impressed me more than the study I’ve done on Mother Teresa. Cf. 2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Very early on in her life she made some powerful vows:

1) To give God absolutely anything He might ask for; to refuse Him nothing.
2) If God imparts Himself fully to us, shall we answer with just a fraction of ourselves? How could we?
3) To do His bidding without delay.
4) Little practices, and little sacrifices. The little fidelities.

Are you the kind of person that is lighting up the radar screen in the Heavens, right now, by your “yieldedness?”

If you were God for a day, would you pick you for your work?

I believe God could tap you on the shoulder. I believe in a God that still rocks the world. I’m just getting a little worried how the average Christ-follower responds to these urgings.

What do you do when God taps you on the shoulder?

On the balance between God’s Assignment and the other side of the scales with money, ego, comfort, etc., which way do you tip?

Would I lay down my life to carry out this vision?

So how long is it going to take before I can carry on the calling of God? According to my study of Mother Teresa and of the Scriptures…as long as it takes. Outlast the waiting. Callings are precious commodities, they are holy things. Sometimes you only get one in a lifetime, and getting them right is of the utmost importance.

Mother Teresa made herself into a phenomenal leader. Don’t say you can’t. How bad do you want it?

“Even though I do not feel His presence, I will seek to love Him as He has never been loved before.” - Mother Teresa.




0 comments so far.

Leave a Reply